Why Silk: Benefits of silk
Why we use silk, and why we love it.
Why Silk? Benefits of Silk
Silk is known for not only being the Queen of fabrics, it also comes with a number of benefits of using it. Referred to as the 'epitome of fabrics and textiles', silk looks, feels and resonates luxury. Bells & birds sources for only the best materials in our products.
Mulberry silk is the highest quality of silk that is produced from the silkworms of Bombyx Mori moth. The diet of the moths consist of only Mulberry leaves, which the fabric was named after. It is also the most widely used silk type in the world!
" Silk does for the body what diamonds do for the hand"
- Oscar de la Renta
Benefits of Silk
- Silk is hypoallergenic
- Serin residue from Silk acts as a natural repellent keeping bacteria, dust mites and moulds out
- Silk is ideal for both humid and dry climates
- Silk retains moisture and reduces sleep creases
- Embraces Skin vitality, keeping it breathable and soft for sleep
- Keeps hair soft, moisturised and tangle-free
Although silk is a by-product of an animal, it uses lesser carbon footprint compared to synthetic fibres.
It is also a biodegradable, compostable material. compared to fabrics using cotton, there is lesser impact on the environment in general.
Choosing silk comes with a multitude of benefits which helps improve quality of life as well as rest comfortably in silk without irritation.
Now you know why we choose silk and why you should choose it too.
Why choose silk?